Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First Fountain City Snow! January 17, 2013

Knoxville weather is SO unpredictable, and has been unusually unusual this year. It literally changes from 69-70 degrees one day, to 32 degrees only two days later, with snow and freezing rain. I won't be one to complain, because this time, it came with at least 3-4 inches of snow!! This was our first snow since we moved to Fountain City. I LOVE the snow!! I grew up on a big farm, with the BEST sledding hills you could imagine. While we don't have ANY hills where we live now, seeing the snow and playing in it brings back some of my best childhood memories. 


I had gone to Kroger earlier in the afternoon, and as I was leaving, it was starting to sleet. Within about 45 minutes of arriving home and unpacking the groceries, this... it came so quickly!


I really love all of the windows in our sunroom, and I love them even more when it snows! So beautiful!! 


Todd was working that day, and it took him 2hours to get home, instead of the normal 40 minutes. I know it was a lot worse for many people, but I was so thankful to see this truck, with my husband inside, pulling into our garage. 


I was scheduled to work that evening, but once again, I work with a stellar group of physicians (Dr Kim, this night) who wouldn't let me venture out and risk anything happening to me, my husband (who would bring me), or baby Tuck. So, we had a wonderful evening at home, a great walk with Micah in the snow (he hates the snow...he tries to eat it, then doesn't like how cold it is in his mouth, so he shakes it out really fast...hilarious), and some warm, cozy, snuggles on the couch by the fireplace. 

I'm so thankful for a beautiful, picturesque night with my husband. The Lord knows our nights together will be very different in only a few months. Knowing this, I believe He is giving us some unexpected, unplanned, speical time together. He's so good; such a loving Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment