Thursday, February 14, 2013

Atomic Man Duathlon. September 29, 2012.

My new and improved, fast and efficient husband takes on the Atomic Man Duathlon. Normally, I would jump right in with him, and compete with every energetic fiber in my being. Having just passed the 10-wk mark in our pregnancy however, I am still a little hesitant to let my competitive genes have a go in the racing world....especially with a little bitty baby growing in me.

This is my mom. She drove up from Madisonville to help me cheer on Todd...and secretly to keep me company while he raced (because it's almost two hours from start to finish in these races). This time, Todd runs a 5k, bikes a 30k, then runs another 5k.

The gun sounds and they're off!! This picture is blurry (apologies), but I think it's still really cool, and shows the dynamic speed the runners have as they sprint on their way!

Back from the run, and now out the transition area for the bike leg!

Back from the bike leg....what do ya know!! That's Mark Trout!! They found each other during one of the hill climbs I believe. At this point, we know Mark in two facets....1-He sings on praise team at Sevier Heights (incredible, INCREDIBLE voice), and he manages/owns/co-owns (something like that) Rusty Wallace Kia and is on their TV commercials. Who knew he competed in triathlons too! Very cool seeing him there, and I got to meet his wife while they were racing. Fun times!

A quick swig of powerade, a larabar, the shirt comes off (my favorite part!!), and off he goes for the last 5k leg of the race. I'm already tired at this point, and I haven't done anything but watch.

This is one of the best feelings ever, not just for Todd as he approaches the finish, but for his wife too. There's just something so exciting about anticipating him coming around the corner, full speed ahead, sprinting through the finish. 

Love him. His smile says it all. 

You can't tell in this picture, but he finished in just under 2:10...

...placing 2nd in his age division.

Todd and Jon Tyner, who is also a PHENOMENAL singer/musician, and our worship pastor at Sevier Heights. He placed first in his age division. So proud of them!! I believe they were both so happy to have placed, and both so happy that it's time to go REFUEL! Loved hanging out with his wife and boys during the race too. Thanks Mom, Angie, Jack, Ben, Eli, and Shannon (and your two boys too) for the company =) Until next years races!!

No comments:

Post a Comment