Friday, February 15, 2013

Baby Mills: Week 15. A "Birth"-Day Invitation.

According to my extremely handy and oh-so reliable pregnancy update app "Baby Bump"... our little growing peanut is a notable 4inches in length from head to rump, and weights approximately 2.5oz. He or she is said to be the size of a navel orange. Now, that may not seem that impressive to you, but let me just tell you....this little orange is causing all kinds of changes and expansion in my belly, which actually feels to be more like the size of a canteloupe! That means it's high time for a visit to Motherhood Maternity =) 
I put these leggings on, ripped the tag off, and carried it out to the register, (in addition to about 4 other maternity apparel items... all on sale of course)!! I wasn't about to put my "normal" leggings back on. No no...I have never felt such relief! I wore those suckers right out of the dressing room and right out of the store! =)

We were on our way to my moms for the big birthday celebration weekend. The first weekend of November always brings such excitement, as we always get together to celebrate Benjamin (2nd oldest nephew), Andy (my older brother), and Rebecca's (my younger sis-n-law) birthdays. 

We found it fitting to keep in-tune with the birthday weekend theme, and make a "birth"-day announcement for Baby Mills. We could easily pretend we were making plans for Todd's  upcoming 30th birthday, which will be April 25th. So, as you can see above, it's a little bit discrete until you get to the bottom. I, unfortunately, do not have pictures of my family's reaction to the news, but here's a little synopsis of how it went. For the sake of boredom for some readers, I'll integrate the story into our first set of maternity photos, taken the next day by my mom, on the farm where I grew up. Enjoy!!


We had been at Mayfield Farms for the first part of the afternoon, celebrating Benjamin's 4th birthday. All along, I kept wanting to just yell out...GUESS WHAT!!! WE'RE PREGNANT!! But, this just wasn't the right setting or timing for that to happen.


We rode with mom to the farm, so on the way back to her house, I was dying to say... GUESS WHAT!!! WE'RE PREGNANT!!! But again, this wasn't the right time. Todd was driving, she was in the backseat, and I knew she would let out a holy shout that would cause Todd to drive off the road and into the ditch. Plus, we were all buckled in our seat belts, and I knew she would cry histerically, and I needed to be able to hug her =)


We arrive at the house, where Todd and I are spending the night, as well as Evan, Rebecca, and James. We all walk in, and Evan and Becca take sweet little James (who is asleep in his carseat) downstairs to their bedroom.

Todd and I take advantage of the moment, and hand mom the "birth"day invitation. She reads it, and as she gets further and further down the invite, her face glows more and more, and you can see the excitement boiling up. Sure enough....she let out a shout to high heaven, causing Evan and Rebecca to come racing upstairs thinking she had dropped the crockpot on her foot!!


There mom is, crying....no....she's boo-hooing in my arms.... Todd's standing beside us smiling from ear to ear....and Evan and Becca are worried to death that something terrible has happened!


Thankfully, I had their invitation to Baby Mills' birthday as well. I just handed it to them, then here we go again! More shouts, more tears, more hugs, more joy than this momma to be can handle!!


Later that evening, we went to Andy and Collin's house for dinner, and shared the good news via their invitation once again with them. Andy was reading the card, and Collin grabbed it straight out of his hand to read it, jumped up in the air, and guess what....here we go again!!!


So much excitement and joy!! Just as God created such a beautiful landscape and background for these pictures, so HE also created this sweet little life within me. I can't say it enough....we are truly humbled by His love for us, and the fact that He would allow me the privilege of carrying and growing this tiny miracle in the making.


No comments:

Post a Comment