Thursday, February 14, 2013

Baby Mills. Week 14. Save the Date!

In case I haven't mentioned this, I have the best, most adorable, funny, and lovingly hilarious husband in all of the world. No one else can make me giggle, and quite frankly cry from laughing so hard, than him. The night before our 14-wk appt, he decided he wanted to hear the baby's heartbeat himself. So, he grabbed my neonatal stethescope, and listened so intently. After several minutes of patiently listening, moving the stethescope over every square inch of my belly, he quietly pulled the stethescope away, out of his ears, and said.... "I just hear a bunch of gas.... I don't think that's the baby." I'm still laughing to this very day. But, my most favorite part of this picture, is his sweet hand on my leg, holding onto me while he listened to my rumbly, and most likely, hungry belly. His touch has more meaning than my words can say.

We head to the doctor early Friday morning, October 26, 2012, anxious and excited as always! We met Dr Broady this time, who is one of the head physicians in our OB group. He was awesome. He made sure to tell us to watch all the movies we can right now, eat out as much as possible, plan road trips, travel, etc...because that will ALL change once baby Mills arrives. We certainly believe that to be true =) but are still excited for that time to come.

He reviewed my most recent lab work, which praise the Lord was all normal. "Everything looks great on paper, now lets listen to that heart." He poked my belly with the doppler pen, and instantly found our sweet baby's heartbeat. It sounded just perfect =) With a little bit of reassurance from Dr Broady that "all looks well" we took yet another big sigh of relief, and thanked our almight Heavenly Father for his continued provision over our growing family of three. Again, Todd and I are the only ones that know we are expecting, but if all went well at our 14-wk visit, which it did, we were ready to share the good news....

.....BURSTING to tell the good news actually! The week in advance, I made this card from construction and scrapbook paper to give to Todd's mom and dad. Our appointment fell on their anniversary (49th by the way), and we had already "made plans" to have them over for brunch.

Little did they know they were being set up for our pregnancy announcement. We purchased "grandpa" and "grandma" coffee mugs from Cracker Barrel (they have the best gifts for this kind of event) to surprise them with. We made a quick run to kroger after our office visit, hurried home to make breakfast/brunch, then sat them at the table once they arrived. As I set the table, I handed them their actual anniversary card, which had our pregnancy announcement card inside. Their response...

.... 
.... 
...
....PRICELESS!!
  
Our response....complete, overwhelming joy.
I love that, by the grace of God, their are THREE hearts beating in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment