Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pilot Training, June 2012.

Todd has always had a great interest in learning to fly, so we thought it would be a good idea to start with a discovery flight. We both love flying, but we had never flown in a single engine/prop plane.

Little did Todd know he would actually be FLYING the plane on our discovery flight!! Yes, that is MY husband in the pilot's seat =) 

I was ecstatic!! As you remember, I LOVE LOVE LOVE flying, and I am so pumped about the idea of having a pilot husband. Plus, talking into the mics is just the coolest thing ever. I don't know what happens to a man's voice when he puts his headset on, but it automatically drops into this super low, intelligent, sexy tone...hahaha! It was awesome!

This is the control panel, and my incredibly smart husband picked up on everything like a pro! I'm not convinced this was Todd's first time in the pilot seat....but he insists that it was. 

These are a few pictures from our flight over Knoxville. Take a look!! 




The flight was so fun. Just a few areas of turbulence, that takes a totally different toll on your stomach than in a commercial airline. This our discovery flight instructor. I don't remember his name, or how long he said he'd been flying, but he landed us with ease, and was overall extremely impressed with Todd's flying techniques. I thought Todd did a FANTASTIC job, and I would absolutely fly with him again.
#SuperProudWife!

No comments:

Post a Comment