Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tuck's Restoration Hardware: Part 3. March 2013.




My mom has made such a special contribution to Tuck's room, first with my papaw's leather recliner, and now with this dresser, which my mamaw originally bought for my mom and her sister when they were little girls. I just love that this dresser was in my mom's room growing up, and now it will be in Tuck's room. We saw great potential for this piece as well, and snagged it at the first offer. I drove down to Madisonville Thursday, March 7, to pick it up. No worries, my older brother Andy, helped me load it into the truck.


Todd and I knew we would have Friday at home together, and first thing that morning, we ate breakfast at Kitt's Cafe (my first time having breakfast there, and oh my goodness...it was DELICIOUS!!!!), then went to Lowes to pick out paint supplies...


and choose a paint color for the dresser.Why in the WORLD are there so many colors of paint?! We picked morning fog as our paint color. I'll let you determine when you see the finished product if you think it looks like morning fog or not.


Love him...he also bought all of our planters and seeds to grow our own organic vegetables at home! Yes, you guessed it...another blog post is soon to come =)


Morning Fog? I would say yes. We kept the original hardware, and originally thought we would distress it around the edges. However, after seeing it painted, we have decided to wait. What do you think?? Distress the edges and drawers? Or not?

I love comparison photos. Apologies that my pictures are a little blurry this time. I didn't notice until posting this blog, so I'll work on that, and I may even replace some of these if they continue to annoy me =)


Here it is in his room! I love it, and the more I sit in his chair and look it, the more I like it! Let us know what you think! It's a work in progress for sure, but slowly coming together. More pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment