Monday, March 4, 2013

Showers of Blessings. March 2, 2013.



Today was our first of four showers for baby Tuck. Ms Dot (Todd's Mom and Tucker's Mimi) scheduled and planned a beautiful, lunch-time shower for us with all of Todd's extended family and a few close friends.


It was held at Abner's Attic on Saturday March 2nd, from 1130am-130pm. We provided free Valet parking (the parking lot is at the bottom of this hill, where this picture is being made), and as guests arrived, they were greeted by the most superb and professtional staff, and offered something to drink, like spice tea, lemonade, water, coffee, etc.


Mom and I took a few decorations the day before, to provide 
"a touch of Tuck" to the already vintage-decorated rooms. 


This is in the living room, where gifts will be opened.


This is a buffet table in the living room, which makes a perfect display for books! I just love little kids books. We have LOTS of books already that I can't wait to begin reading to Tuck, in our very special chair. If you haven't yet read our blog post about Tuck's Chair...please continue scrolling down to Tuck's Restoration Hardware: Part 2.


After about 30-40 minutes of fellowship time while guests arrived, we moved into the dining room for lunch. Yes, mom and I had to add a little touch of Tuck in this room as well. 


These were the favors I made for each of the guests to take home as a thank you for their presence at our shower. Everyone loves and needs hand sanitizer (especially the pocket/travel-size), and there was lots of hugging and touching going on, so we all needed clean hands before eating lunch =)


Each tag was hand-made with one side announcing "It's a Boy" and the other side with a monogrammed display of Tuck's initials. I love that his monogrammed initials are TMF...I always think... too much fun! Apparently I'm not the only, as some (you know who you are) have said that Todd and I had "too much fun" thus we will soon have Tucker Frank Mills!!


Jennifer, Rachel, and Rachael. 


Johnnie, Judy, Martha, Darla, and Davi. 


 Pam, Ashley, and little Peyton. He was absolutely adorable.



Glenda (my mom), me, Todd, and Dot (Todd's mom).




Mommy and Daddy to be


Mama J (Emily's mom), Emily's seat (she's taking the picture), Collin, and Charlotte.


After lunch, we moved into the living room for presents! Yay! We first gave our biggest thanks to all of our family and friends who ventured out on this chilly morning, just to honor us and shower Tuck with lots of fun gifts. Then we gave out our host gifts. Dot went above and beyond to make this a special day for Todd and me, so we gave her a monogrammed tote bag filled with "mimi goodies."


It also included this special notebook we made, entitled "Tucker's Tunes" which is full of nursery rhymes, and children's songs that she can play on the piano, and sing with Tuck. Thank you so much for all of the time, money, and effort you spent making this such an incredible shower. We wouldn't have changed a single thing.


My sweet bff, Emily! She helped me SO much, especially the day of the shower. She took LOTS of pictures while I visited with family and friends, logged all of Tuck's gifts in our notebook, threw away all of the wrapping paper, tissue paper, and basically helped keep me together during the shower. She is truly such a wonderful, great friend, who I love so dearly. 

Next, are a few pictures of us opening our gifts, and below, we made extra pictures of all of the many blessings we received from our sweet family.














We had the best time, and received more than we could have imagined, all for our sweet little boy. He's already spoiled, and I can't wait to spoil him even more! Thank you so so so much to all of Todd's wonderful family and friends =) You were so generous in your giving, and we were so honored to just have you there celebrating with us. 

Here are some of the fun and adorable things we received today.













In addition to the above, we received lots of gift cards to both babies r us, AND fluff n stuff, which means this mama is goin shopping!!! Actually, not yet. We decided to make a file and store all of Tuck's gift cards and coupons, then wait untili all of our showers have come and gone before we make any purchases. Oh, that money is already burning a hole in my filing cabinet!!! 


This frame was inspired by one of my newest but dearest friends, Brooke Kerr. She had one in her baby shower for Ella Jane, with ultrasound pictures, and I absolutely fell in love with it. So, I found this wooden frame at Hobby Lobby (50% off, then another 40% off that because it was "chipped"). I didn't argue. I mean, it's a rustic wooden frame, so a little chipped isn't anything I'm upset about, and if you want to discount it for me....OK!! 

I had our moms pull out some of our baby photos, from 1-day old to 1-year old, and made two rows for us at the top and bottom, then put 3 of Tucker's ultrasound pictures in the middle. I love this frame, and now I want to keep all of the pictures of us in it too, but I guess they should be returned to their rightful owners (the actual mothers). 

So, I will just save it, and maybe use some of the other ultrasound photos we have, until our little man is here!! Oh my, that won't be long! Stay tuned for more of Tuck's Restoration Hardware!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment