Friday, March 1, 2013

My Valentine. February 14, 2013.

This was the gift bag Todd picked out...."Your love has given me great joy..." 

This is a very special Valentines Day for us, as next year, we will be a family of three celebrating Valentines. I have mixed emotions when I think about both aspects. I'm so thankful for the 10 Valentine's Days Todd and I have had together (2 dating, 8 married), and I'm so looking forward to many many more with my sweet and loving husband. I'm also very excited when I think about making a special Valentine's Day card with Tucker to give to "Daddy" next year. 


"Your love has given me great joy...." a very powerful statement. It makes me think about the way I love Todd, and the ways I show Todd I love him. It makes me think about how much Todd loves me, and all of the many ways he shows his love to me. Although very different from each other, it's evident that our love for each other is deep, constant, unwaivering, unconditional, and is about to grow by leaps and bounds with the coming birth of our son. 

This makes me think about "how deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure. That He would give His only Son, to make a wretch his treasure." 

I have no way of knowing how much Tucker Frank Mills will forever change our lives, and grow Todd and I even closer in our love for each other, our marriage, and our love for God. I hope and pray that I never take him for granted, nor the opportunity I have been given to be his mommy. I hope one day, he too will be able to say

"Your love has given me great joy"







No comments:

Post a Comment