Friday, March 8, 2013

The Picky Chick. Thursday, March 7, 2013.

This was my first venture into the wonderful world of children's consignment. So, for all the pros and experts out there, I really have nothing to compare this to yet. However, I believe I soon will, as I absolutely LOVED finding bargain deals and adorable little outfits for my sweet baby Tuck. I missed the "first moms" registration but I have choir practice every Wednesday, so I wouldn't have been able to go anyways. I made my way to the expo center Thursday, after picking up another piece of furniture for Tuck's room from my mom. Oh yes....soon to come: Tuck's Restoration Hardware Part 3! You won't want to miss this one either =)


When I walked into the Picky Chick, the baby and little boy clothes were right in front of me. I didn't even have to look for them! This was meant to be. I hit up all the rows of NB-12mo outfits, and sorted through the "true bargains," making sure to filter out the "that's not a bargain at all!!" items. I find it very interesting how some of these tiny, used clothing articles can still be "expensive" at a consignment sale. They may have been cute, but those pricey items in particular didn't make the cut. Oh but not worries...38 adorable onesies, rompers, shirts, shorts, pants, jackets, and sweaters made the "T" team.


Oh, and apparently, you should bring your own basket or recycle bag, or stroller, or some form of a basket to carry your clothes and selections around. My fingers were falling OFF by the time I made it back to the truck. Lesson learned. Next time I'm bringing a shopping cart!! J/K, but a big recycle bag would have been so helpful. I definitely stood out as a newbie. And if my lack of appropriate resources didn't give my consignment sale innocence away, my growing and protruding baby bump certainly did =) Tucker's becoming quite the topic for conversation with complete strangers. I love it though, and am once again, so thankful for him, and for every second I'm privileged to experience during this pregnancy journey.

Overall, I had a great experience at the Picky Chick consignment sale, and I'm definitely excited for Jack and Jules, and Duck Duck Goose! 

No comments:

Post a Comment