Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Family Vacation, July 2016....Carolina Beach, NC

With the help of my mom, and Todd's mom and dad, we decided to take a family vacation to the beach together during Todd's "off week" in his Krav Maga business. It landed on the week of July 4th, and we found the perfect little condo on a private beach  with a beautiful and massive fishing pier to walk out on and overlook the crashing waves and sea. 

It was hot, but it was absolutely the most wonderful week. I am so thankful that both our families were able to be there with us, and for heaven's sake to help us lug everything in and out and set up the tent day in and take it down day out, and hold Julianna while we played with Tuck, and I just honestly don't think we could have done it without them NEARLY as well.

We loved every minute of building castles and race tracks in the sand, jumping as high as we could as the waves came crashing toward us, filling dump trucks with sea shells, playing games, and watching movies inside with Mimi and Grandad.

This little lady was the perfect baby, too. She slept all the time with us outside, the breeze soothing her teeny little self, the sand sometimes even blowing right in her face...she didn't mind a bit. She's much like her big brother. Where it's warm, a little bumpy at times, and noisy, she will rest better than anyone I know, just like Tuck did on the open Safari truck in St Thomas!! 

One of our most fun adventures was going shopping with Grandad and picking out a new kite to fly by the ocean. He Tuck learned how to throw it up into the air while daddy or Grandad ran to catch the wind... then Tuck would run as quick as he could to help them hold it. I have to say, I was so impressed with his little 3-yr old abilities to successfully fly a kite. So stinkin cute, too!! That HAT!!! It's massive on him, but he wanted one just like Daddy and Grandads.

Here is our sweet angel again, all snuggled in mommy's arms in the breeze and shade under the tent...

Ony of my biggest "why's" for working this business consistently... taking my momma to places she's never been. Keep that bucket-list BIG, momma =) I loved sharing time with her and also giving her time to rest and relax with her toes in the sand. I hope and pray I can have the kind of closeness and best-friend relationship with Julianna in her adult years as I have with my mom now. I know she misses her own mother more than words can say, so I am taking every opportunity I can to share these special trips and memories with her and our family.

Julianna girl, your 2-month birthday came--on July 4th, no less, and so we celebrated with lots of good food, and an amazing complimentary fireworks show which we watched from our rooftop balcony. So thankful and blessed to have you with us these last two months. We just can't imagine our lives now without you in it. You're the perfect fit.

I also love that Tuck is getting old enough to really enjoy doing special things with his daddy. They are two peas in a pod, and if you look reeeeeaaaallly close at this picture, you will see they are identical twins, just separated by 30 years... LOVE THEM!!!!

and I LOVE his engineered method for cooling off when he's hot... just sit in the bucket of water that's holding our tent to the ground!! his little smile is priceless!!! 

Just can't say enough how incredibly thankful we are for this time together as a family. I love this life we have made together in Christ, and the blessings He has bestowed on our marriage and our family. So thankful for my husband who worked so so hard this week to make sure everyone was happy, had what they needed, felt comfortable whether inside or outside, and felt loved... we love you Daddy, so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment