Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Covenant Health Half Marathon. April 7, 2013.

April 7th, 2013 is finally here!!! This day has been much anticipated, as we will ALL THREE prayerfully and hopefully complete the Knoxville Half Marathon.


Here we are before the start! I'm VERY proudly wearing the shirt my sweet hubby bought for me and baby Tuck. "Running for Two"....only this day, we are 37 weeks 5 days, so I'll be walking for two, until the last 50 yards in Neyland that is!!


This is my great friend Stephanie!! She is 29 weeks pregnant and "Due in June!" She and I walked the entire 13.1 miles together. It was so awesome having her by my side. I couldn't have done this without you!!


At mile 3, I receive a phone call from my incredible husband, who is running his heart out, yet taking time to check on me as he passes mile marker 6. Made my day once right then and there. Made it all over again, in an even greater way, when he came running back to me, after finishing his race. He met us in the greenway, around mile marker 10. He walked the remaining three miles with Stephanie and me. I just have to say, there is not another person I would rather see running toward me than him. You are phenomenal, Todd Mills!


You better believe when we saw the grass in Neyland stadium, we hit the ground running...all FOUR of us....across the finish line :) So fun, so rewarding, so ready to go home and put these tired feet UP!


All finished!! We did it! All THREE of us!!!


We're so thankful for the health, strength, confidence, and passion for life and fitness God has given us. Tucker's first 5k (01/01/2013) and Half Marathon (04/07/2013) are in the books! More to come for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment