Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicago, April 2010

This was my first ever flight! We flew to Chicago for a NP conference, and actually for LOTS of sight-seeing!! Hope you enjoy seeing a few of the places we went!

On our first night, we had dinner at Cheesecake Factory, then went to the very top of the Jon Hancock (I think it is 93 stories high). This is a statue of the Jon Hancock made out of legos! My engineer husband loved it!

This is how high we were!! Can you see the teeny cars on the road below?!

You can't go to Chicago without visiting the BEAN!! 

Lake Michigan is beautiful! We walked on the "shoreline" for hours. I call it a shoreline because even though its a lake, it really looks like an ocean without waves. You can't see the other side!!

We went to the Navy Pier, which was where we experienced Garrett's Chicago Style popcorn, ate Chicago's biggest cheeseburger, and topped it off with $13 ice cream...well worth it!

They also had a Ferris Wheel!! It was high in the air, as our cart hit the peak of the wheel, that I learned my engineer hubby is NOT a fan of riding ferris wheels.

See? Much like an ocean, Lake Michigan has its own beach! Gorgeous!

Probably my favorite store.... in the entire world.....the HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE store!

This trip entailed many "firsts" for me. This was also my first ride on the Metra. I absolutely loved it! We rode about 30miles north of downtown Chicago to visit Frank, Molly, and Ivory Omiyale. Frank plays for the Chicago Bears! We had such a great time playing with Ivory, and eating a delicious meal prepared by the Omiyales. Thanks for a great time!! We hope to be back for another visit soon....and maybe a game at Soldier Field next time!

The Field Museum was full of exhibits that varied from ant colonies, to gold and minerals, to zebras and mammoths. It was huge! To tide us over until dinner, we indulged on some chocolate chip cookies from the cafe. Delicious!

We topped off our trip with Chicago Style pizza from Giordano's!! and oh my, it was by far one of the most delicious and best parts of our trip! I still want one shipped to Knoxville (which you so can do) for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment